Albert Coe - Contactee Comparison
- "The observation period before landing and exploration of Earth, 13,000 years ago, by Zrets ancestors. The men pictured are 'Cro Magnon' the last of our primitive white forebears. They roamed parts of the planet, more in the essence of animal herds, than in a social science of civilization. It was about 100 years later that 'Modern Man' came into almost immediate essential being, without the long transition of evolution; but through education and intermarriage with this race from outerspace." (page xvi)
Modern science concludes that Cro Magnon, known technically as Homo sapiens sapiens, were very much like we are today, in fact "Cro-Magnon mtDNA was indistinguishable from samples taken from living people" They also have the same average brain size and were as tall as we are. If an alien race, especially one that had lived on Mars for an extended period, did interbreed with our Cro-Magnon ancestors, then there should be noticeable differences between us and our Cro-Magnon ancestors. There is none. There should also be a clear demarcation in the history of our ancestors, a pre-alien and post-alien period in both DNA and culture. Current literature does hint at such a demarcation in the form of rapid evolution of tool sets from Neanderthal to Cro-Magnon but not within the Cro-Magnon population.
- "Our home is quite simple to explain and is actually two worlds, one the planet Mars, nearing the end of an evolutionary life and the other, planet Venus younger in evolutionary processes than Earth, but it's higher regions are not too drastically different than the environment here." (page 20)
- "Today [1920s] our basic home is the high land of Venus" (page 25)
For the same reasons that Venus is not a plausible habitat for human-like aliens in Adamski's story, the same problem holds here, 96% carbon dioxide atmosphere, severe lack of water, 92 times the atmospheric pressure found on Earth, etc. There are highlands on Venus called Ishtar Terra which have some of the highest mountains and one of them is called "Maxwell Montes" which rises 11km above the surface, a kilometer higher then Mount Everest. However, there exists the same problem as before, if the aliens are so advanced, why pick such a hostile planet to live on?
- "... 'Nucleus' as it spins in its 223 odd million year cycle of rotation. This revolution of the galaxy maybe compared to the earths twenty-four hour rotation, in relation to the sun, but each hour of earth's time standard would span several millions of years in the galaxies time table." (page 29)
According to several estimates, the sun revolves around the center of the galaxy about once every 240 million years.
- "The disc straight ahead, near the top of the frame, that looks in size like a shiny half dollar, is the seventh or outer planet Ahreeca whose orbital Aphelion is eight hundred twenty-nine million miles and the mean distance of the other six planets graduating down to thirty-seven million miles for Ne-Neeca, the smaller and closest planet to the sun. As you glance around this concentric group, these planets have the appearance of seven small moons, shining in their darkened background. Ahreeca, directly behind but above the sun, is reflecting its light from her full face and the others in various phases from three quarter full, to half moon and crescents. " (page 63)
Even today, when hundreds of planets have been detected in other systems, no planets have been detected around Tau Ceti. Recent evidence suggests that even if there were planets, they would suffer from continuous catastrophic impacts because the system has 10 times the number of asteroids and comets as our own solar system. 
- "[The planet they use to live on] Norca's mean orbit is eighty-five million miles from the sun...." (page 64)
85 million miles is just outside the estimated range, 0.6 to 0.9AU, where an AU is 92 million miles, that modern science says a planet around Tau Ceti could harbour life.
- "The ship slowly descends and just before touching down, a massive grid of electrodes, that honeycomb the landing fields base, will discharge her build up of static electricity and radiation, flashing blue and incandescent white flames race over her structure to arc on the electrodes below, a necessary action to eliminate all potential of harmful effect. " (page 65)
Aircraft do build up static electricity as they fly through clouds, precipitation and solid particles such as dust, haze and ice. The larger and faster the aircraft, the greater the charge it generates and if the craft was very large, it is possible the charge would be great as well.
- "The atmosphere [of Mars] was quite thin, with pressure a fraction under six pounds per square inch at mean surface level, resolving in moderately temperate days and cold nights, but a widening scope of exploration revealed they had `landed' on one of the extensive deserts of its equatorial zone and that there was water, not overly abundant, with higher atmospheric pressure both to the `North' and the `South,' with some plant and small animal life, predominated by the rodent and reptile families, a few species of fish and millions of insects, but no trace of humanoid form. " (page 72)
The description of Mars is very wide of the mark, especially if such conditions existed only 13,000 years ago. The surface pressure on Mars measured by the Viking probes is roughly 8 to 10 millibars, where 1000 millibars is 14.7psi (pounds per square inch) at sea level on Earth, in other words, the psi on Mars is 0.15 psi not 6!! And where did all these plants, rodents, reptiles, fish and millions of insects go?
- "[On Earth] They had learned to cultivate the land and the rudiments of animal husbandry for we [the aliens] had introduced cotton, corn, wheat, barley, beans, yams, potatoes, apples and plums, the horse, the dairy cow, sheep, the greyhound and house cat and they were also becoming adept in many of the arts and crafts." (page 82
If all of these crops and animals were introduced, then the archeological records should show their abrupt introduction with no evolutionary predecessors. However, most domesticated animals and plants have a clear ancestry, for example, horses go back millions of years, sheep were domesticated from Gaur, cows from Mouflon, etc. Some plants like corn and cotton do have some controversy around their origins.
- "The energy force waves traveled from north to south... For more than three thousand years the planet was thought dead, the only sign of life - isolated splotches of green vegetation but the seed seems indestructible. Plant and tree followed the recession of the ice, in the deeply frozen areas, the remnants of animal and human life multiplied and man again emerged with his war like traits, in tribal form. " (page 85)
- "Planet Earth has circled its sun, some twelve thousand, eight hundred times, since this first humanly conceived device triggered an uncontrollable phase of natures own latent potential of self-destruction, that shattered its face." (page 87)
The evidence tends to support these statements because the last ice age ended about 11,000 years ago and in North America, only 15 genera can be shown  to have survived beyond 12,000 years ago. However, we are not told what this "energy force" was and hence not much investigation can be done.
- "We are indebted to them for efficiently fabricating a neutralizing screen, encompassing earth, comprising the inner status of what is now known as the 'Van Allen Belt'." (page viii)
- "By 1939 they were fully aware that our scientific endeavor was in the initial stages of exploiting the atom for nuclear destruction and concentrated their energies on method and fabrication of a neutralizing screen, to counteract a hydrogen chain reaction; that would insure the integral mass of Planet Earth, should the massed genius of its human brain unleash an uncontrollable force; through an under estimation of this power in phases of experimental testing or in the madness of warfare. ... the screen was energized in 1958..." (page 90 and 91)
The belt was theorized to exist before 1958 and if it was designed specifically for earth, then it should be unique, however it isn't because many other planets have similar radiation belts. It is a curious coincidence that the belt was "energized" in 1958, the same year it was discovered and well before the book was published in 1969. Having studied the book closely, my impressions are not favorable, in part because the book takes a condescending view of humanity, for example, describing man as an "intelligent idiot". If aliens wished to constructively help, then calling us idiots is not the place to start. Secondly, the story is a lot like Truman Bethurum's, which could be true, but is useless because nothing is clearly spelled out. At the very point where useful information could be imparted, the issue is cloaked in ambiguity, for example, using a "frozen pie" as the analogy of why objects in the alien craft feel no inertia. In contrast, Daniel's story is clear why a passenger feels no inertia and that is because the force which moves the ship is identical to gravity.
- "Neanderthals matured faster than early humans", New Science, May 2003, p. 14.
- "Tau Ceti system, Asteroid Alley - an inhospitable neighbour", Greaves, University of St. Andrews
- Donald Grayson, Blame North America megafauna extinction on climate change, not human ancestors, University of Washington, Oct. 2001