The following contains the step-by-step process necessary to duplicate Shawyer's cavity. There is also a development blog documenting in detail all the steps taken below.
Below are all the page associated with the G-Zero experiment:
Table of Contents
- Research Proposal - This describes the intent and purpose of the research
- Confirmation of Simulations - Simulation tools where used extensively and this page documents the process used to confirm that the simulations were predicting real world results. This section also includes the characterization of a typical commercial grade magnetron crucial to the experiment.
- Design and Test - This page contains the design and testing of the resonating cavity. It includes a confirmation that the second hand parts were working as expected.
- Shawyer Cavity Simulations - Shawyer's cavity is reverse engineered, simulated and improved.
- Shawyer Cavity Build - First Attempt- 3D Printed - This page describes how the cavity was built.
- Testing and Results - This page describes how the cavity was tested and results.
- Shawyer Cavity Build - Second Attempt- Lathed - This page describes how the second cavity was built.
- Testing and Results - Describes the end result (null)
Specialized research requires specialized tools and here are some pages which document those tools: